Payment of your Insurance Deductible
If you purchased your travel insurance or your medical insurance from the same organization where you purchased your volunteerIDcard, or the coverage is provided to you by your volunteer organization, the volunteerIDcard will pay your deductible/copay/excess in the event you have a claim. The usual deductible amount is $50 or $100, but the volunteer ID card will cover whatever deductible you have up to a maximum of $2,000. You may use this benefit more than once. The only limit is that the grand total paid cannot exceed $2,000 during the validity of your volunteerIDcard.
To receive reimbursement, please follow these steps:
1. When you visit your doctor or hospital, pay the deductible amount ($50 or $100) directly to the doctor or hospital and ask them to file your medical claim with your travel or medical insurance company.
2. They will process your claim and will send then send you a form usually entitled "Explanation of Benefits" or "Determination of Benefits".
3. Send a copy of the "Explanation of Benefits", a copy of the receipt for the $50 or $100 you paid to the doctor or hospital (Step 1 above), a copy of your Volunteer ID Card, and your current postal mailing address to:
Volunteer ID Card � Deductibles P.O. Box 22111 Phoenix, AZ 85028 USA
4. Your reimbursement cheque will normally be processed in 3-4 business days and mailed to you. For faster receipt of your refund, we recommend reimbursement to your creditor or debit card. It is faster, easier, and the money is converted automatically by the bank into your local currency (if you live outside the USA) i.e. the refund will be converted by your bank automatically into the currency your credit/debit card is denominated in. In order to refund to your credit / debit card, please inform us of your credit or debit card number: Any Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express Card is fine. Please send only the account number. Do not send the expiration date or security code for the cards as these are not needed to process a refund to the account. Without the expiration date, you are assured that your credit or debit card cannot be used to make unauthorized charges � only refunds are possible.
5. If you have any questions or concerns, please e mail to [email protected] You must have a valid volunteerIDcard at the time of the doctor�s visit